The Department offers programs of graduate study at the master's, sixth-year, and doctoral levels. Our graduate courses and programs are available on campus and over the Internet.
Our department is recognized as one of the top Departments of Agricultural and Extension Education in the nation. We have a nationally recognized cadre of faculty and offer an impressive array of graduate courses every semester. But the most impressive facet of our program are the graduate students themselves. The graduates of our program are providing leadership to the profession all across the nation. We are proud of their accomplishments. We would welcome the opportunity to talk with you about joining us.
Visit the links on this page for more information about our program. If you don't find the answer to your questions on this site, please contact us.
Why Should You Enroll in our graduate program?
When it comes to graduate study, there are a number of universities that offer graduate programs in agricultural and extension education. So what makes NCSU special?
1. Field Tested Experienced Professors! The faculty have been there and done that! We have taught agriculture at the high school and middle school levels or worked at the county, area and state levels in extension. We know the realities of agricultural and extension education. Our teaching reflects this experience.
2. National Leaders. The faculty is recognized nationally as leaders in the field. Members of our faculty have been national presidents of various professional organization including:
- Alpha Tau Alpha (National Agr. Educ. Honorary)
- American Association for Agricultural Education
- Association for Career and Technical Education
- Assocation for Career and Technical Education Research
- Association for International Agricultural and Extension Education
- Association of Leadership Educators
- National Association of Agricultural Educators
- Omicron Tau Theta (National Career & Technical Education Honorary)
3. Award Winning Teachers. Our faculty members have been recognized by the university, the profession, the United States Department of Agriculture, and other organizations for excellence in teaching.
4. Leading Researchers. Our faculty know what is going on in Agricultural & Extension Education because we are active researchers and are involved in discovering, creating and disseminating the new knowledge in the field.
5. Top 10 Rating. The Agricultural and Extension Education Department at NCSU is rated as one of the top 10 programs in the nation. Why not study at a top 10 program?
6. Online and Live Degree Program. You have the option of completing your Masters program completely by distance education or by attending live classes, or by a combination of both delivery methods.
7. Access to other Ag & Ext. Ed Courses. NCSU is a member of the Ag Idea graduate consortium. Thus you have access to graduate courses from 9 other leading universities.
8. Robust Array of Course Offerings. Every semester you have 6-9 graduate courses from which to choose. You are not limited to choose from just 1-2 courses.
9. Respected Degree/Mark of Distinction. An Ag Ed degree from NCSU is highly respected nationally and internationally. You will be well prepared for a career or advanced graduate work. You will want to proudly display your NCSU graduate diploma. Not everyone has a degree from NCSU. It is a mark of distinction.
10. Responsive Faculty. We respond in a timely manner to your phone calls and e-mails. If you have a question, you can get an answer.